This article will highlight the virtual capabilities of 12Twenty’s platform for career center admins to scale their virtual coaching resources as well as host and administrate virtual recruiting and events.
This article has two parts: Scale your virtual coaching resources and Scale your virtual recruiting and events.
Scale your virtual coaching resources
12Twenty’s agile, customizable platform is uniquely suited for remote teams. You can customize your site to point students to the appropriate virtual environments, and equip them with relevant research tools to continue to support their desired professional outcomes. Click here to watch our webinar on scaling virtual coaching.
Get connected with appointments
Let students know you’re transitioning to virtual environments by configuring the student advising appointment landing page, and include reminders by updating your automated notifications.
Customize your site settings for seamless transitions by adding a “virtual” custom attribute to appointment settings
An appointment block is a window of time made available for specific student groups (or all groups of students) to book appointments with a career advisor
An appointment custom attribute is an additional field added to either the appointments or appointment block form, accessible through site settings
Follow up with emails
- Set up campaigns to track engagement, measure success, and keep notes, tasks, and meetings organized.
Supercharge your research library for job search success
Your library should include general resources developed by your career center, a robust repository for tips on applying to jobs, how to network effectively, and evaluation rubrics for career planning.
- Include tips on interviewing remotely, including testing technology in advance of the meeting and sitting in a well lit, low traffic area.
- Share blog posts or articles written by your career counselors, or authors they recommend.
- Invite alumni who have reported successful outcomes to contribute resources to your Resource Library.
Custom student data for targeted coaching
Ask that students opt in to Candidate Search so they’re visible as employers begin recruiting.
- Encourage students to use target employer and desired industry/function on their profile
- Contribute to resume books to stand out from the crowd
Scale your virtual recruiting and events
It’s recruiting season and 12Twenty can help you meet your goals, stay on top of reporting, analyze important data, and connect with both students and employers, all from the convenience of a virtual environment.
Today’s students have grown up immersed in tech and are fluent in managing online relationships. 12Twenty’s virtual toolbelt can help you meet your students where they are and go virtual with events and interviews, making employer recruiting even easier. Click here to watch our webinar on scaling virtual recruiting and events.
Drive Impact with Online Events
12Twenty customers are familiar with our robust and flexible scheduling system. Convert your events to virtual environments by incorporating custom attributes to facilitate the online connection between employers & students.
Creating virtual events
Set the Event Format to “virtual”
- Set the Location to your video conferencing’s platform url
- Update your “Event Type” picklist to include more “virtual” options
- Webinar / Seminar
- Live Stream
- Emerging Industry Showcase
- Video Networking
- Employer “AMA”
- Employer Virtual Office Tour
- Allow Employers to Request Events
- Record the content to create a valuable take away for attendees to reference any time
- Allow students to “raise their hands” by having someone monitoring the comments for questions
Going virtual with OCI's & Interviews
- Update your “OCI” Registration to allow employers to choose between
“Virtual, In Person, Phone” Interviews
- If the employer selects “Virtual” add a follow up field: “Please provide your virtual conferencing URL”
- Use the “Room Function” to add a “Virtual Room” option and the “Room Note” to provide students the Video Conferencing URL
Engage Students with Customized Employer Profiles
Incorporating custom attributes will help students do their research in advance. Some suggestions for relevant attributes include:
Sponsors International Students
Actively recruits from our school (Y/N)
Happy to connect with students
Minority owned business
Women owned business
Offers Diversity Fellowship
Significant social corporate responsibility contributions
Social media presence (Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter)
Remote Recruiting through Candidate Search
Candidate Search is a tool leveraged by both Career Center admin users and employer users to review application materials and relevant student information.
- Students have to opt in
- Reach out to with reminders via emails to student groups
- Using filters, employer users can look for students from specific programs, specific graduating classes, even those who speak specific languages
- Make sure your students are searchable
- Admin site settings need to be configured for each class you want employers to find
- Make sure your students are searchable
- To be visible to employers, students need to have a resume in their application materials as well as opt in to sharing their resume
- Check your exclusion settings to confirm relevant candidates are searchable
- Ensure you've approved your students' resumes by checking your notifications
Take Resume Books Virtual with Video Links
Resume books are a useful tool to engage students in providing their resume for specific industries and employers. 12Twenty makes it easy to configure your current processes into a creative digital strategy to showcase video books, portfolios, published work & more.
Students can upload digital content into the “Application Materials” area of their profile using the “URL” section
Link to Portfolio
30 second video elevator pitch
Networking with Alumni
Your alumni in the workforce will be invaluable resources for students beginning their job searches. Create opportunities for current and former students to connect in 12Twenty and beyond.
Dynamic Search & Filtering
Allow alumni or students to be able to identify and reach out to one another based on employment & demographic data
Respects Custom Fields